Preparing For Surgery
Please read the following instructions carefully:
- A Nurse will try to call you before the scheduled surgery to go over important preoperative instructions and to answer any questions.
- If additional questions arise, feel free to call the Center at 706-854-3000.
- If your condition changes before surgery, notify your doctor or the Surgery Center of Columbia County. This may include a recent cold, exposure to a communicable disease or any other change in health.
- Be sure to arrive at least 1 hour before the scheduled surgery. This allows time for the routine preoperative preparations.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and leave all jewelry and valuables at home. The Surgery Center will not be responsible for the loss or damage to personal property.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery. Please check with your physician regarding your routine medications. Anything you eat or drink INCLUDING WATER is dangerous.
- Please notify us immediately if you are allergic to latex or have sleep apnea.
- You must have a driver of legal age to drive you. They must remain at the Center during your procedure. We reserve the right to cancel your procedure if you do not have someone to drive you home.